JETAA Portland Election Platforms Due March 15th
JETAA Officer Elections are coming soon!
Want to get more involved with JETAA? Consider running for one of our officer positions! We are looking for JETAA members to step up and create new leadership for JETAA Portland. All positions are a one year commitment, starting April 1st 2017 and ending March 31st 2018.
Open Officer Positions
- Vice President
- provides support to the JETAA president and other officers and helps coordinate events
- prepares yearly budget and monthly financial reports for chapter finances, submits applications and chapter activity reports to secure annual funding, and collects receipts and writes cheques to individuals and organizations
- responsible for recording and distributing meeting minutes and assisting with the planning of events
Open Committee Chair Positions
- Webmaster & Social Media coordinator
- updates the JETAA Portland website, sends out email blasts to chapter members, and runs the chapter Facebook and Twitter accounts
- Career chair
- plans the JETAA Resume Writing Workshop and Career Panel
- Community chair
- plans causal get-togethers for JETAA and community members such as karaoke nights, bowling and game nights, etc.
- Culture chair
- responsible for running events that celebrate Japanese culture such as Mochitsuki, O-bon and O-tsukimi at The Japanese Garden, etc.
- Sports chair
- plans sports-themed events for the chapter, including coordinating with the PNW JETAA chapter in Seattle for their undokai event
- Book Club coordinator
- coordinates meetings for the JETAA book club on a monthly or quarterly basis, also in charge of book and venue selection
- Tabemashou! co-coordinator
- responsible for choosing restaurants, making reservations, and handling payments for our monthly dining group
Officer platforms are being accepted between now and March 15th. Please email us a short description on why you would like to run for office and what you can do for JETAA. Platforms should be emailed to both the President and Webmaster.
Committee chair interest is being accepted between now and March 31st. No platform is necessary to run for a committee chair position, simply send an email expressing your interest to the JETAA Officers.
Volunteering with JETAA is a great way to meet other JET alumni, get involved with the Japanese community in Portland, and provides endless networking opportunities. We hope you’ll consider joining our team!